Crustless Mini Zesty Zucchini Quiche
6 large eggs
½ cups (125 mL) milk, skim
1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
1 Tbsp (15 mL) roasted red pepper flakes
½ cup (125 mL) grated zucchini
2/3 cup (160 mL) Italian cheese blend, shredded
1/2 cup (125 mL) green onions*, chopped (for garnish)
- Set oven to 400°F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Wash and grate zucchini (skin on).
- Add zucchini and cheese to egg mixture and stir.
- Scoop mixture into greased muffin tins at each ¾ full.
- Place in oven to cook for 15-17 minutes (10-12 minutes for mini-muffin-size).
- Cool for approximately 10 minutes once removed from the oven.
- Remove from pan and serve once appropriate temperature. Sprinkle with chopped green onions, if desired.
12 muffin-size quiche
24 mini-muffin-size quiche
Nutrient Analysis Note:
*pinch = 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) for analysis results
**garnish not used for recipe analysis
Recipe compliments of Carla D’Andreamatteo